DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for Postgraduates
The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is once again offering in-country/in-region scholarships for postgraduate studies in Eastern Africa. Successful Master and Ph.D. candidates will receive financial support to pursue their degrees
• have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper forth of class)
• clearly show motivation and strong commitment
• have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
• have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
• must be nationals or permanent resident of Sub-Sahara Africa
• should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector d) DAFI-Alumni (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative)
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
The scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted. All further information will be provided after admission to the scholarship programme.
The In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme supports studies in subject areas with strong relevance to national development.
The scholarships at Ethiopian Institute of Architecture Building Construction & City Development are available in the following fields:
• Land Administration and Development
• Architectural Design
• of the PhD programme is generally three years
• of the Master programme is generally two years
generally starting in September 2018
Documents to be submitted:
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the european specimen form at http://europass.cedefop. Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable). - Recommendation letter by university teachers (Master 1 letter, PhD 2 Letters)
- Letter of admission for the host university / institution / network
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts / Student copy / Grade sheet
- Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Copy of the passport
PhD candidates have to submit the following additional documents:
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor from EiABC
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and time table (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal
DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarship holders are also encouraged to apply for a research grant in Germany for 2 up to 6 months, if the necessary financial means are available.
The short-term research scholarship includes:
• a monthly scholarship payment for living costs which amounts to 1.000 € per month
• health/accident/personal liability insurance
• a flat-rate travel allowance All further details regarding additional benefits and the additional application processes will be provided after admission to the scholarship programme.
Closing date for the submission of DAAD scholarship applications is 25th February 2018
Submit documents to
Email Subject: DAAD Application 2018/2019 - Name
for example- DAAD Application 2018/2019 - Nebiyu Sultan